Tuesday, March 25, 2008

KWerner Color Inspiration #3 Submission

Wow! I'm really on a posting roll today....

One of my favorite designers, Kristina Werner, does a Color Inspiration Round-Up each week. The picture below, from a Pier 1 Catalog, was her inspiration for this week's colors.


Color Combo: Orchid Opulence, Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, Whisper White
I wasn't initially crazy about this color combo, but I was pretty pleased with the finished product. Here's what I came up with...


This was definitely a challenge for me as the only one of the colors I have ink in is Basic Black!! I think I made it work, though. I used my corner rounder punch (with the guide removed) to create the scalloped edge. The white frame is actually a cut-out frame, not a mat, and the flower is slightly curled up & overlapping the frame to create a little dimension. The "Thinking of You" rub-on from the Love & Happiness Rub-on set (Sale-a-Bration) was perfect! A little black grosgrain and an oversized black brad rounded out the card.

This was my first submission for one of Kristina's challenges (and only my second submission to ANYTHING). I loved participating and plan to take part in many more. If you haven't checked out the KWerner Design Blog, it's a must!! She's amazing.

4 comments:

Tamara said...

That is super cute! I love it!

Lyndsay said...

Really cute card!

Anonymous said...

I love this - it's probably my favorite out of all the submissions - no joke! Nice work!!

Tamara said...

Very nice card. I haven't yet used that set that all the SU demos got for free, but you did a great job with it.