Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Simple Belated Birthday

I've been behind on my cards and missed one of my good friend's birthday last week, so I whipped up this card today to get in the mail tomorrow. I also wanted to play with the new hodgepodge hardware using ribbon (instead of brads) to attach the bookplate - that took awhile to get right. You can't tell in the picture, but I also used my distressing tool on the edges of the color blocks (blue, red & orange). I like the bright cheery colors, but the layout feels like it's off-balance. Oh well. Here it is anyway...



Color Combo / Cardstock used: Old Olive, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Night of Navy


Stamp Set: Older and Wiser (Hostess)

Other Supplies: Hodgepodge Hardware Styled Silver (Occasions Mini), Real Red grosgrain ribbon, Watercolor Pencils and Blender Pen

No comments: