Friday, April 11, 2008

MoJo Monday #32

So I had LOTS of ideas for this week's MoJo Monday sketch, but nothing turned out the way I pictured it in my mind. And now here it is Friday and this is the best I can do. I really wanted to come up with an amazing card for this challenge as the winner will receive a free Verve Visual stamp set and I don't have any yet (but LOVE them all!!). You can check out Julee's challenge here. Be sure to check out all the great new Verve Visual stamp sets too!

I used Not Quite Navy, Chocolate Chip and Ruby Red cardstock. I have no idea where the printed cardstock came from as it was a gift and there was no manufacturer listed on the paper. The ribbon is from SEI. I used my hobby knife to cut out a flower from some of the printed paper. The sentiment (Define Your Life stamp set) was stamped on Chocolate Chip textured CS with versamark ink and embossed with white powder. The central Chocolate Chip mat with sentiment is raised up on dimensional as is the flower. Overall I'm disappointed in this card - I LOVE the paper and color combo, but the card seems bottom heavy to me. If I had some nestabilities (my next wish-list purchase after my Verve Visual stamps) I would have set the central matted sentiment on a scalloped square mat. Oh well.

Be sure to check back on Sunday evening to see some pics from our backpacking trip this weekend. We're camping in one of the National Park cabins inside Haleakala Crater here on Maui. It's about a 7-mile hike downhill to get to the cabin, then 5 miles UP switchbacks to get out of the crater the following day. We've done lots of day-hiking in the crater, but never spent the night. Should be fun!!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Nice card. I love that Wild Saffron paper. Thanks for playing! Hope you had a great backpacking trip.