Sunday, April 27, 2008

Nifty Notepad

I did a mini workshop Saturday with 4 fun girls - we made these adorable notepad covers you may remember from a previous post. It was brought to my attention that the link to the instructions is no longer valid and the blogger I CASE'd the idea from (ChiChi Allen) no longer has her blog. Soooo, I promised my workshop attendees written instructions. I don't have pictures, but here are the instructions if you'd like to give them a try. I will try to add some pictures in a few days.
1. Start with 5 1/4 x 7 5/8 sheet of cardstock and score the long end at 3 1/4, 3 5/8, and 4 inches.

2. Fold the cardstock at the 3 5/8 (middle) score line and cut a small slit about an inch away from each end - you now have 3 sections of scored pieces with the middle section popped out to make the pen loop.
3. Attach sticky strip (white tape in the pic) as shown. These sections will be attached to the inside of the back cover (to the right of the sticky strip).
4. Attach a 3x5 inch notepad with sticky strip. I bought my notepads from Office Max for about $7 for a pack of 12 (they're probably cheaper on the mainland).
5. Decorate the front as you please!

For this one, I used Night of Navy CS for the base, Soft Sky CS for the central mat, and some Old Olive twill ribbon to hold it shut. I used my brand-new Thankful Blossoms stamp set from Verve Visual. The main flower image was stamped on Purely Pomegranate CS with Versamark ink, then embossed with white powder & popped up on dimensionals. The leaves were stamped & embossed the same way on Old Olive CS. The sentiment was stamped with Night of Navy ink.

2 comments:

Erika H. said...

Wow, this is so wonderful! Love it!

Jess said...

This is so cute! I can't wait until next week and your virtual crop!!!