Sunday, April 13, 2008

Too sore to walk = 4 cards today

So I normally don't have time to get more than 1, maybe 2 projects done in a single day. Well, today we returned from our 2-day, 12-mile hike in Haleakala Crater and I'm so sore I can barely stand!!! So I didn't - I sat all evening and made a few cards. Here are 2 of them...(I'll share the other 2 tomorrow).
I finally opened up the package of Long Notes I've had for months. AND I finally took my sewing maching for a test drive on this one (I'm not a "sew-er"). Obviously I need A LOT of practice with that, but that's what this card was for!! I used a Wild Wasabi long note, a scrap of Purely Pomegranate, Chocolate Chip ink and twill ribbon, and my stapler. The stamp set is Always.


I have to say it again...I really love this hostess set!! For this card I used Close to Cocoa textured CS for the base, Fall Flowers DSP, Rose Red CD, Old Olive wide grosgrain ribbon, Close to Cocoa and Rose Red ink and my stapler. The sentiment was stamped with versamark ink and embossed with white powder. The main image is popped up on dimensionals.

If you're interested in why I'm too sore to walk, you can check out a slide show of pics from our little mini backpacking trip this weekend on my family's blog here.

Check back tomorrow for "Scrap a Page Monday" and a few more card creations!!

No comments: