Friday, May 23, 2008

Gift Tins

Remember all those birthday invites and favors I said I was making for my BFF on the mainland? Well, I finally finished them! I also made these cute little thank-you-for -helping-with-the-party-gifts for her Mom and Grandmother and thought I'd share. Hope you like them!! I got these Tea Break Tins from Maya Road at my local Ben Franklin store several months ago. I used the Ginger Blossom DSP with coordinating cardstock in Ruby Red, Cameo Coral, River Rock, Chocolate Chip & Groovy Guava to decorate the tin and make the thank-you card and notepad. You can see a tutorial for the notepad cover here. These were lots of fun and I plan to make more in the future....so many possibilities with those cute Maya Road tins!!! Here are a few more detail pics...

The main image on the notepad cover was stamped with Chocolate Chip ink on River Rock CS. I then colored in the individual petals with my white gel pen and used a Ruby Red Stampin' Write marker to add a little color to the base of each petal. I saw this technique on another blog, but can't seem to remember where!??? I'll add a link if I find it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just like the gift for your friend they are adorable.