Friday, July 11, 2008

FINALLY a card

I FINALLY got some stamping time this afternoon while Dean was napping. My husband's Mom and stepdad were here from the mainland for 2 weeks and just left a few days ago. Immediately after that, my husband's Dad and his Dad's girlfriend arrived for 2 weeks. So it's been a little crazy around here!

I've missed out on Kristina Werner's last 2 Color Inspiration Challenges, so I REALLY wanted to participate this week. I didn't have much time and I'm barely getting this in before the deadline. Between the time constraint and my limited creativity after nearly 2 weeks off, I'm not sure I'm crazy about this card. Here's the inspiration photo...

This week's challenge was to use Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Really Rust, Certainly Celery and Whisper White. I think I accomplished that and I really do like these colors together. I kept it pretty simple, using some Certainly Celery DP and Really Rust textured CS layered on top of a Chocolate Chip textured CS base. I stamped the images from SU's Always stamp set in Versamark ink and embossed with white powder. The circle "a" was stamped on Close to Cocoa, punches out and rimmed with a metal tag then popped up on dimensionals. Some Chocolate Chip grosgrain finished it up.

I'm hoping to have some more time to myself this weekend while my husband and his Dad have some "guy time", so hopefully I'll catch up on some of the other challenges I've been missing out on. Thanks for sticking with me!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is very lovely! I love it!!

Anonymous said...

I love this card, especially the striped paper , it reminds me of a man's oxford shirt!

Becky said...

It's so pretty! I love it! TFS!