Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Another Set of Altered Onesies...

Ok, these onesies were just too adorable and way too easy - I couldn't resist making another set. Besides, I had another idea for packaging the gift I wanted to try out. I think it turned out great. All digital elements from the Queen of Hearts kit by Sugarplum Paperie.

Once again, once I was done sizing and arranging the individual digital elements for the onesies, I printed them on Avery 3302 Stretchable Fabric Transfers and then ironed them on according to instructions (however, do NOT let it cool before peeling off the backing - you want to go ahead and peel while it's still VERY hot - believe me).

I rolled up the finished onesies and stuffed them into cleaned out baby food jars that I had altered with bits of printed digital papers from the same kit. After printing, I used matte mod podge to coat all of the papers, both to seal my printer's ink and to give the paper a little more ooomph! I used my SU circle scallop punch and circle punches for the jar lids and my SU scallop border punch for the striped paper border at the top of the box. I added some Tempting Turquoise grosgrain ribbon as a handle, threaded through a few jumbo eyelets. I hand-cut the heart (I added the text "Congrats! Love, the Taplers" to the center of the heart before printing), punched a hole and used some hemp twine to hang from the handle.

OK, here's my sorry attempt at a tutorial on how to make the box. This box will hold 2 of the Step 3 Earth's Best Organics baby food jars. Score lines are shown in black, cut lines shown in red.

I'll be back tomorrow with another hybrid project and a few cards with some of my new SU goodies!!!!

3 comments:

Angie said...

These are so great, Jen! I never thought to put the altered onesies in a baby food jar. Genious!

Anthonette said...

What a great idea, Jen!! I've never noticed transfers for stretchy fabrics. I just have t-shirt transfers. What you used is slighty different?

amymom24 said...

These are ADORABLE!!!! Congrats on making the SP Hybrid CT! Can't wait to see all of your creations with Nicole's fabulous designs:)