Saturday, August 9, 2008

Happy Anni-Verve-Sary Sketches #7, 8 & 9

Wow! I can't believe I've made 9 cards in 2 days!!! I'm never this productive! Of course, Julee comes up with such great sketches, that it's almost too easy to create a really great card! So here are my next 3 cards for Verve's Anni-Verve-Sary sketch challenge....hope you like them!
I've really been feeling it with the printed paper this week. I got a new stash from a mini online shopping spree and it's really helped the creative juices!! :-)
AVS07: This card uses some really cute DP from a baby boy pack called Nana's Nursery from DCWV. It matched perfectly with Baja Breeze, so I went with my new favorite color combo with Chocolate Chip. The main image is actually a combination of stamps from Anniversary Birds and Filagree Fantasy. I extended the small filagree with my Chocolate Chip marker to make it more "branch-like". The bird was stamped first with Baja Breeze, then re-stamped on scrap paper in Chocolate Chip. I cut out and paper-pieced (on dimensionals) the chocolate wing to give the bird a little more depth. Initially I stamped the bird on the DP and tried paper-piecing that, but it just looked a little over the top to me! This works. The sentiment is from Verve's Petals & Stems, stamped in chocolate chip on Baja Breeze CS. Some Chocolate Chip poly-twill ribbon finished it up.
AVS08: This card is one of my fave's! I used Old Olive CS for the card base and the scalloped oval (cut with nestabilities). The DP from Chatterbox Inc's Scrapbook Walls line (beautiful! - the redish color on top is the reverse side of the stripe) was paired with a strip of Kraft and layered on top of a Pink Pirouette mat. The main image (stamped with Old Olive, Rose Red, Pink Pirouette and More Mustard) and the sentiment are from Petals & Stems. Finishing touches included paper piercing, pink ribbon and some pearls. I love it!!
AVS09: I wanted to make at least one masculine card and this is it. Once again, I used some great Scenic Route DP paired with Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi and Very Vanilla CS. The tree (stamped in Chocolate Chip & Wild Wasabi) is from Papertrey ink's Father Knows Best. The sentiment is from Verve's Feeling Groovy. I added some Hodgepodge Hardware and large brads as well as stamped some individual leaves on the inside.
Well, there you have it...only 3 more sketches to go. I hope to get those done and posted tomorrow. Have a great weekend!!

4 comments:

Mary Jane said...

Love the cards you've done for the sketch challenges. My favorite from today is AVS08. I may have to break down and buy some Verve sets. Thanks for sharing. I'm going to subscribe to your blog.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen - These cards are gorgeous!!!

Your talent emerges more and more with every card you make!!!!

Rhonda Kelly said...

These are just fabulous! I am on sketch #7 so I have a few more to go. I am just loving these sketches. Great job, tfs.

Megan said...

Again...I love your stuff! You are so talented and I get so much inspiration from your blog! :)