Tuesday, November 11, 2008

MoJo Monday #60

I absolutely LOVE this week's MoJo Monday sketch!! I was excited to see Julee brought back the circles this week!! :-) This card doubles for the Papercraft Planet Design Team gallery theme for November - Gratitude. Be sure to stop by the Planet and check out all the other beautiful Gratitude-themed cards the other DT members have created for you so far this month. We'll be adding to it all month.

OK, I'll get right to my card....this card is WAAAAAY busier than my norm, but I *think* I like it?? My local craft store (Ben Franklin) FINALLY got some new paper in and I had a coupon so I did a little shopping on Saturday. I'm not a huge fan of Ben Franklin - it seems like their selection is always a season behind the mainland stores and it's always so poorly organized. I actually had to open up a box that was thrown in the middle of an aisle and dig through it myself to find the yummy ribbon that matched this paper! I'm so jealous of all you mainlanders with your Hobby Lobby, Michael's, Archivers, etc etc etc. Although, things are looking up. My favorite LSS (OK, my ONLY LSS here on Maui), Island Paperie, is about to launch their new online store and will be announcing some new product lines and great deals with the launch. I'll keep you posted as details become available (I'll be doing some design work for them, so you'll be seeing lots of tropical themed projects soon!!). Ok, sorry...I know I said I was going to get right to the card....here it is....

I started with a Chocolate Chip CS base and added a large piece of this American Crafts printed paper for the main panel. The sentiment is from Verve's Beautiful You and the butterfly is from Verve' Fluttering By. Fluttering By is my newest Verve acquisition (well, besides my Holiday New Release stamps I received for being a Guest Diva this month - yeah, I couldn't keep from mentioning THAT again!!!)...and I have to say I do NOT know how I survived this long without those adorable butterfly stamps!!! I want to put butterflies on EVERYTHING! Anyway, the butterfly is stamped in Versamark ink on Kiwi Kiss CS and embossed in detail white powder and cut out with my hobby knife. The scallop & circle panels were cut with my nesties and I added some SU Chocolate Chip ribbon layered with some new American Crafts ribbon.

Ok, that's it. I'd love to hear what you think, especially since this is such a stretch for me....so, be honest...too busy??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS CARD! Not even close to being too busy. Sarah says that we three are gonna craft together the next time I'm there. Yay!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

You *think* you like it? I KNOW I do! Love the fabulous cheerful papers, colors and images. Gorgeous card, Jen. Thanks for playing with my sketch! :)