Sunday, November 9, 2008

Today's the Day!!!

The Verve Holiday Release Party starts at 8:00 pm Eastern Time in the Verve Forum at Splitcoast Stampers! You do NOT want to miss this party - not only will you have a chance to chat it up with Julee Tilman herself as well as all the Verve Divas (and the guest divas!!!), but Julee will be revealing all of the new release stamp sets and announcing the winners of the many contests and challenges that have been going on this week.

I thought I'd take a minute to share one more Sneak Peek with you guys. This was a fun, silly little project I made yesterday after a visit to my local craft store. I had a few of these paint cans laying around and diva Jen del Muro's Sneak Peek project motivated me to use one of them. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it, but when I saw these pom-pom things on sale a light-bulb went off. See, at first I struggled a little with a lack of MoJo with the snow-themed stamps - probably because it's just been SO long since I've been around snow and my mind no longer equates Christmas with snowmen and snowflakes....but I couldn't resist this....(and BTW, this set looks SOOO fab enbossed in white on vellum - just stunning!!) - and not worry - it didn't take long for the MoJo to start flowing with these stamps!!!
Stamps: Verve's Snow Wonderful; Paper: Chocolate Chip & Baja Breeze CS, Vellum; Little Felt Flurries; silver brads; nesties; Versamark ink and detail white embossing powder; ribbon; paint can)

And just so you know I DO know what snow is....here are a few pics of snow on top of Haleakala last winter. You should have seen the Maui people going CRAZY over this. It doesn't happen very often (maybe once every 8-10 years I'd guess), but when it does - WOW. People skipped work and school and sat in bumper to bumper traffic for HOURS on the curvy mountain road to the top of the volcano to get a glimpse of snow (the majority of these people have NEVER seen snow in their entire lives!!!!). People drove their pickups up there and were shoveling as much of the very dirty (and very sparse) snow into their truck beds or into ice chests and trying to get it back down the mountain and home to show off to their families and friends! It was so cute to see big, gruff local men excited as kids about the snow!!

This picture (sorry for the poor quality - I was FREEZING while I was trying to take this picture - it was only about 62 degrees that morning!!!) was taken from our front yard in Kahului looking up at the top of Haleakala - see? there's snow up there!!!
And this last picture was taken from Upcountry, at about 6,000 ft elevation (the top of Haleakala is a little over 10,000 ft elevation).

OK, well there was a Verve Sneak Peek and a little Maui trivia for ya!!! See you at the Release Party tonight!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the snow balls, i saw those at ben franklin. we were 2 of the crazy people who skipped work to go see snow, it was so fun!!

Shannan Teubner said...

Love this project, Jen! You rock!

Unknown said...

This is hilarious!!!! We don't get much snow in Georgia either -- I think I may do this as a funny joke on my neighbors. You're a crack up. Thanks so much for sharing this!!!

Unknown said...

Well, I had to give you a shout out -- I still chuckle when I pull this picture up. I love how your brain works!

You were the Runner Up Craft of the Week at Card of the Week.com. You can see the original post here.

I did use a picture from your post, with links back to the site and the original post. I hope that is OK. Please feel free to email me if you need me to change anything.

I also have an “I was featured” on badge for you if you want it :D

Thanks again for sharing!

Lisa Brown said...

Ahhh! Beautiful Maui! We were there last May for my daughter's wedding...loved it! Thanks for sharing!

Your work is wonderful...glad to find your blog! Mahalo!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

That snowball fight in a can is so funny! I absolutley love it!