Friday, January 2, 2009

Viva La Verve

Happy Friday! There's a new Friday challenge in town! Starting today, Amber Hight is heading up a twisted sketch challenge in the Verve SCS forum each week. Every Friday she'll be adding a new Viva la Verve sketch challenge with a twist of using something with the sketch. Come play along! Each month Verve will choose a random participant from all of that month's entries to receive the next Verve release for FREE! Woohooo! Verve stamps are not required to participate, but if you've got 'em, why not flaunt 'em? ;)

Here's the challenge thread with the sketch and all the details for this week's challenge. If you upload to SCS, please use keyword VLVJAN01. I hope you find some time to play along. Amber always has the coolest layouts on her cards, and I'm so excited for her fun sketches! Here's my card...This week's sketch has a twist of hardware, so I added some Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware to mine. The main image is from the Verve set Beautiful You, colored with copics and matted on "Nestified" Chocolate Chip CS. The sentiment is from Verve's Grateful Elegance. I used some of my new Basic Grey Urban Prairie DP along with a Kraft CS base and a piece of Chocolate Chip ribbon finished it up!

5 comments:

Justine said...

How exciting... I just created a my second Verve card and it is almost this sketch. I think I will add to it so that I can play along. BTW, I just uploaded my first Verve card to my blog and to PCP.....
Any advice for SCS, I cannot navigate that site and I have been a member there for years.

Amber Hight said...

I just had to say again how awesome this card is Jen! Those colors mixed with Kraft are awesome!
BTW, you still have a November Guesst Diva badge, where's your FULL TIME DIVA badge?:D Flaunt it baby!;)

Anonymous said...

ur blog Is very nice

Jennifer said...

VERY pretty card! I love that paper.

Anonymous said...

I love this DP and it was at my LSS today and passed as it wasn't on sale yet (Basic Grey REALLY expensive up here, $30 for a 12X12 pack) or is that normal! Well done on this challenge!