Sunday, December 13, 2009

MoJo Monday #116

So I think I'm completely losing my mind!! LOL. I thought I posted this early last week - at least that was my plan - to remind you all that it was contest week over on the MoJo Monday blog! But I just realized that I never got around to posting it! duh. Sorry guys! Hopefully most of you already are MoJo addicts anyway and knew it was contest week...and even if you didn't and you don't see this in time to get your card made, you still get to be inspired by a pretty awesome sketch, so really - we're all winners in the end, right?? RIGHT!?!? :-)
I was totally inspired by Julee's card this week - specifically the stitching she did on her circles. Now, I'm a much crapier stitcher than she is, so I had to rough up my circles a little bit to fake you guys out and make you think my sloppy stitching was on purpose to give it a "shabby" look! But it actually worked out, because isn't that paper AWESOME in all it's shabby chic-ness? And you know, shabby chic is usually so NOT my thing, but this Shabby Sugar digi kit (which is where these printed digi papers are from) by Zoe Pearn over at the Sweet Shoppe is so so awesome! I've used papers from this kit a few times already (don't worry - I'll be sharing more projects with it soon). And combined with the Thankful Accents stamp set from Verve, well the combo was just perfect for this sketch. Check it out:

Stamps: Thankful Accents (Verve)
Paper: Kraft CS (SU); printed digi paper from Shabby Sugar by Zoe Pearn (Sweet Shoppe)
Ink: Versafine Vintage Sepia (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders); Ribbon (PTI); Sewing Machine

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, this card for the Mojo sketch is so pretty! I love it!

Jennifer said...

Very pretty card! I just got this stamp set & love what you did. Love your blog too!!