Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #13

I wanted to play along again this week with the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge because I knew this one was going to truly be a CHALLENGE for me and man, I was right about that! I really struggled with this one. I have to admit that I normally avoid those diamond shaped panels (along with tilted panels - I loathe tilted panels!), but I had an idea in my head that I thought would work with this sketch so I wanted to give it a go.


It didn't really turn out quite like I had hoped, mostly because that layered frame I cut with my Silhouette ended up being much larger than I thought in order to fit that awesome {embossed} Trick or Treat circle stamped image from the WMS Midnight Feast set inside. So I ended up having to make the card a whopping 5.5-inch square - much larger than I wanted with what I had planned. I do like how my little ribbon / embellishment cluster thingy turned out, but think it kind of loses it's effect with the ginormous-ness of the card. I think it would have looked much better on a scaled-down version of the same card.


I'm pretty sure I can find a different circle frame to use that would work better and not need to be so large to fit the stamp. Like maybe the one I used on this card? But I liked the layered look of the one I used today. Oh well! I don't hate the card and I'm happy that I forced myself to create outside my comfort zone!!

6 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun Halloween card Jen! Great way to showcase that WM stamp & the shimmery star & flourish look great! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

Julia Aston said...

Love the black and green on this Jen - that wonderful die cut and all the ribbons with the glittery star! thanks for playing with WMS again this week!

Unknown said...

lol, well I think you mastered this one Jen! I love the shaped panel! lol, you'll notice I didn't even attempt this one myself...LOL, Thank you for taking the time to play along with us at Waltzingmouse Stamps!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

This is beautiful Jen! Love the cluster of elements with that gorgeous ribbon!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh fabulous Jen. Love your gorgeous embellishments...what a great look it gives this card. Hope all is going ok...keeping you in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Shut up!! I freakin' love this one!