Friday, November 19, 2010

Give Thanks {for inspiration}

Hi there! I can't believe how quickly Thanksgiving is approaching! YIKES! I have several more Fall / Thanksgiving-ish cards and projects I want to share on the blog, so I guess I better get on that, huh? First up is one of my faves I created this fall and it makes me so thankful for this wonderful papercrafting community that all of you are a part of. After my Dad passed away, my "Jen Time" was in my crafty space and it was so therapeutic to dive into doing some creative work. However, as I think I might have mentioned, my MoJo was NOWHERE to be found. Seriously. blech. So I did A LOT of blog surfing and just started CASEing a ton of pretty things and it wasn't long before I was actually creating goodies that I kind of liked again! And the card I'm sharing today is one of those cards that was created during my "blech" days, so THANK YOU Jodi Collins for helping me find my missing MoJo during a really crap time with this fabulous creation, which totally and completely inspired this card:


I loved how Jodi had used the lacey circle nestabilities on her main image panel and then sort of framed that with a square panel to really draw your eye in. And then of course that fabulous flower to set off the sentiment. So I recreated those features on my own card, and stuck with the yummy fall color palette as well and I just love how this card turned out! I used Verve's Bountiful Harvest, using the masking technique to layer a couple of the pumpkins (colored with Copics) and then deciding to just pop one of them up on dimensionals for some depth. And I added that gorgeous mulberry paper flower that I picked up on my trip to the mainland (I think it's from Recollections). The sentiment is from Verve's Happy Fall, which is my new favorite fall sentiment set!

So that's it from me. Happy Aloha Friday everyone!

Supplies:
Stamps: Bountiful Harvest, Happy Fall (Verve) Paper: Really Rust, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Not Quite Navy (SU); Maple Grove DP (We R Memory Keepers) Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Early Espresso (SU); Copics Accessories: Spellbinders dies; Ribbon (SU); Mulberry Paper Flower (Recollections)

3 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

This is SO beautiful my sweet friend! I am in AWE that I was able to inspire you!!! Totally GORGEOUS card!!! Hugs!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Love it! That flower is gorgeous and I LOVE that Verve-y pumpkin :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a cool card! Love it - and did I just see Jen T. color???! :)