Saturday, March 10, 2012

Sweet Sunday Sketch #154

*ETA: I just realized that when I typed up this post I forgot to schedule it to publish and also that almost everyone else had a time change last night! I'm all sorts of messed up! Sorry this is late! Hopefully all of you are sleeping and nobody noticed! ;-)

Whew! I have to say I'm kinda glad that week is over!! Between everyone in my house being sick almost at once, some absolutely CRAZY weather for us here in Hawaii all week, lots of extra school activities, a stressful busy week at work, and my Mother-in-Law arriving for a nice long 3-week visit a few days ago - well, things have been a little hectic around here! I finally had a chance to sit down and get some stamping done yesterday afternoon and it was pretty nice! It's time for another fun Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge so I pulled out some new Verve and got to work on my sample card using the new sketch:


I figured it was past time to get a St. Patrick's Day card made, so that's what I did.


First of all, LOVE this week's sketch! I dug deep into my paper stash and used some super old Scenic Route and Stampin' Up papers for this one. I was really excited to finally get my new Lucky You stamp set inky! I just love all those different sized shamrocks and all those sentiments that I plan to use for so many things (not just St. Patrick's Day cards!). Of course, I couldn't resist adding that fun go-to label from Love Notes. That thing is the perfect finishing touch for just about any card!

Be sure to stop by the other Sweet Sunday Stampers' blogs to see what they've done with the sketch:
AND...we have another fabulous Guest Sweet Sunday Stamper, Shannon White! Be sure to stop by and see what she's created with this week's sketch too!

Then play along with us and post your own creation using InLinkz over on today's post on Karen's Blog!

8 comments:

Karen Giron said...

LOVE this!! Love the labels with the shamrock and twine - yum! And are you telling me that it's OK to mix and match paper brands? GASP!! Totally cute!!

Karen Motz said...

This is so pretty with all those green papers!

Lisa H. said...

sooooo beautiful. love all the GREEN!!!

Leslie said...

Lovely card! Love all the green and the pattern papers - beautiful!

Vicki Burdick said...

perfection, love that shamrock with the button and twine!!!

hayleycreates said...

I love how you've mixed the pattern paper. I'm such a stamper that I find it hard to put pattern paper on my card - but I'm learning! Really lovely!

Dana White said...

What a perfect St Pattys card - great take on the sketch Jen

Shannon White said...

Oh Jen this is Such a Darling St. Patrick's Day card! 8-) Love the Wonderful dp's you combined together! and I Love your Sweet shamrock & Button Combo too! 8-)
I'm just so tickled to be joining you all this Challenge! 8-)

Hugs & Happy Sunday!
Shannon