Monday, November 5, 2012

Verve Diva Inspirations November 2012 Blog Hop

It's November 5th and that means it's time for another Verve Divas Inspirations Blog Hop! On the 5th of each month, the Verve Divas Inspirations Team along with some of the Release Team will be sharing creations using some of our favorite Verve sets from both past and present, and as always, there are PRIZES!!

You can start the hop at the beginning on the Verve Blog and continue on through each fabulous blog - be sure to leave a little comment love along the way and you just might win some Verve goodies of your own! If you arrived here from the talented Jen d's blog, then you're on the right track! Just in case, here's a look at the Master Hop List:

1. Betty7. Susan
2. Jen d.8. Andrea
3. Jen T.9. Charmaine
4. Julee10. Janelle
5. Sankari11. Maureen
6. Sony12. Teresa


My Grandmother's birthday is next week and I need to get her gift in the mail, so I whipped up a fun birthday card that I know she'll love (She's my grandma. Honestly, I could have probably smeared mud on a piece of cardstock and she'd tell me it was beautiful, but still...I decided to go ahead and try to make it cute anyway! LOL). 

I used pulled out some of my favorite neglected Verve sets to play with this time around. That fun birthday sentiment is from the Making a Statement set, which has sentiments for so many different occasions! I also used my Loopy Blooms die to cut out a cute little felt flower because it felt like it needed a little something on the left side of that circle when I was finished. Isn't that a fun sketch? I played along with this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge and just LOVE this one! All of the patterned papers are from the Seen & Noted Collection by Pebbles (one of my new faves - can't wait to use these in Project Life!).

That's it from me today. Julee is next up on the hop, so head on over to see what kind of fabulousness she's created and then keep on hopping along! Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to stop by the Verve Blog as well to check out the new specials going on this month as well as the amazing New Release stamps that were added last week!! Believe me, you won't want to miss them!!

57 comments:

Cindi said...

Great card! Love the papers and colors. Very cute!

lorrayneingram said...

Nice card

carole (TruCarMa) said...

So bright and fun - love this, Sooner Sister! :)

scrappingnana said...

Great card. I know your grandmother will love it. It is so cheerful.

Rhonda said...

I don't use this set enough. Love your color selections.

Bridget said...

I love your use of bright patterns and colors, what a fab birthday card!

pam said...

nice combo of papers on a very cute card..love the yellow trim!

Sankari W. said...

such a super cute card Jen! Love that yellow trim and the sweet colors and layout! Big hugs sweet Jen!

Basement Stamper said...

Great card, love the mix of papers you used on it.

Anonymous said...

So fun and colorful! Great mix of patterns, this will surely brighten her day!

Casandra Bennett said...

Such a fun card! :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Eeeeek! So fun, Jen! Love the layered scallops and pom pom trim and the prints are just so happy!

ND (Naomi) said...

Your card is very cute. I love the bright happy colours!

Lea L. said...

This is so cute! Love those bold papers, and the pom pom trim!!

jan farnworth said...

what a great birthday card.

Sue D said...

Very pretty--I like the colors and patterns and the pom pom trim.

Karen Giron said...

Jen, this is SO super cute! I love the pom poms and all the fab paper. I'm so happy you played along with us again - we miss you heaps!!! Happy birthday to your sweet grandma :) I'm glad you didn't send her a card full of mud smear.

Anonymous said...

Cute card!

Marisa said...

Lots of fun papers and that little felt flower is stealing my heart! Great card :)

Melissa said...

Beautiful, love your color combo!

Jenny said...

Super cute! Happy Birthday to your G-ma!!

Heather B said...

I LOVE the colors in this!!

Ravengirl said...

This is cute! I'm sure your grandma will love it! Especially since this looks a whole lot better than mud on some card stock!

Tina said...

So colorful and beautiful; what a great mix of papers.

Christine Kiehl said...

Oh my funny goodness! Your card is cute, but your post was delightful and brought a HUGE smile to my face! THank you for sharing with us on this fun new hop! jellybeankahler@yahoo.com

Luanne said...

Wonderful cheery card! Your grandmother will love it!

latoya said...

love the colors and the designs. awesome job!

MarvA1ix said...

Your card looks like it was created in grandma's sewing room. My grandmother would have loved it. And, I'm a grandma, and I love it too.
You pulled together a delightful combination, and the sentiment is the cherry on the top!

Miriam Prantner said...

What a great combination of patterns/colors! I wouldn't have put all of them together, but it looks wonderful, and love the pom pom trim!

Lynn Noe said...

Bright beautiful colors and I love the loopy bloom, perfect touch!

Unknown said...

Beautiful and cheerful colours!

KanataNewf said...

Love your paper combination and all those colours!

Kim Warne said...

Love the layout of your card and the variety of paper patterns you used.

Mary-Anne V said...

Over your take on the sketch and the cheerful papers...your grandmother will love it.

Christine said...

Love the loopy bloom and the cheerful papers!

~Tammy~ said...

Love the pom poms! They really pop and stand out! Don't you love how grandparent's love what we make no matter what, but this is perfection! She will love it for sure! Gorgeous!

Moosisk said...

So bright and cheerful! I am sure you are right about your grandmother, but she will definitely love this card. :D

Marsha said...

Such a fun, colorful birthday card. She will love it.

Suzie said...

Such a lovely bright card

Pam said...

Fab card. Love the paper & colors!

Meagan Vaughn said...

I love all of the colors on the card, so fun!

sparkling stamper said...

LOve the colors - so bright & fun!

Sarah Biswabic said...

Very cute birthday card! She will love it!

Heidi said...

Oh ah..... so pretty, love the prints and elements mixed here.

Kris B said...

Cute card! Love all the fun colors! Thanks for sharing!

Janelle Stollfus said...

Such a cheerful card, Jen. The Pebbles collection looks like a fun set to have on hand.

Ashley said...

Cute! Love the colors with the clean style

dj said...

Sweetness!! love the pompom trim!!

loulou said...

Fun card, love the combination of spots, stripes and chevrons. cheers Linda

Stampin_melissa said...

What a cute and fun card, lucky Grandma!

Shea said...

This is such a FUN, happy card! Love the felt flower and those patterned papers. Your grandma will be over the moon for this!

Petra Swart said...

Love the fun colors you've used! Lovely card!

Christyne said...

I love those fun trim and felt details!! Such fun papers too!! Super cute card!!

Diana Evensen said...

Grandma will get a kick out of this card. Lots to see on it!

Ruth G said...

Such great colors and fun patterns! And I absolutely love the texture you've created with the cute pompom ribbon and the felt, button and twine!! TFS!

Marlena M. said...

Delightful assortment of patterned papers Jen~so fun!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

I just LOVE this Jen!