Thursday, October 10, 2013

Project Life 2013, Week 34

Week 34: August 18 - August 24, 2013


Around here, life was pretty mellow. My MIL was wrapping up her month-long visit and finished reupholstering our couch (YAY!). Dean was getting into the routine of 2nd Grade.  Life was just NORMAL, which is good.


I used lots of Seafoam on this layout along with a few cards from Midnight and a 4x6 from Jade. A couple cards from my Studio Calico Project Life kit made it into the mix as well. I have 2 favorite cards this week - the scrap of fabric I saved from the rubbish bin and added to a 4x6 grid card (yes, I realize I'll likely be looking at that fabric on the actual couch every day for years - but in 20 years, I might want to pull that card out and actually feel it!) and the card with the Photobooth photos I stumbled upon in my photo library that week. I have no idea when Dean took those pics, but it was so adorable and hilarious and just DEAN - he posed with one of the cats, his teddy bears, he hid behind the chair while setting up the cat and bears, there was a series of about 30 photos on there and I was cracking up when I found them! Love that kid. Oh, and of course, I always love including Dean's artwork. He's been drawing a lot of comic strips lately, so I handed him a 3x4 card and asked him to draw a comic for Project Life. The "kitty furball" is the best he would give me! ha!


And now some stats, because I think it's fun when Elise Cripe does this, so here ya go:

Ratio of photos taken by Jen to photos taken by Joel: 6 to 0 (with 2 by my MIL and 4 by Dean)
Ratio of Galaxy S4 Phone Photos to "real camera" photos: 8 to 0 (and 4 with the iMac desktop camera thing)

I will be sharing a link to this post on The Mom Creative blog.

1 comment:

Craftcherry said...

I love normal weeks. They capture like so perfectly. I think it's wonderful that you saved a scrap of fabric from your couch redo.