Friday, November 15, 2013

Project Life 2013, Week 42

Week 42: October 13 - October 19, 2013


Around here, we were busy but I didn't take a ton of photos during the week. Dean worked very hard on a big Homework Project and did a fantastic job. Yes, I helped him a bit, but most of it was his own work. We used my Silhouette to cut out some of the shapes and the words, but other than that, it was all Dean! (But I'm glad we started early, because it took him FOREVER to get this project done and he lost steam frequently, but he persevered and it turned out great! Go Dean!). Joel and I enjoyed a Date Night while doing some amazing and meaningful volunteer work.  Dean and I went on a beautiful hike together Saturday morning while Joel watched football alone (it was too beautiful a morning to stay cooped up inside). And because I had a glaring hole, I took the opportunity to document that gas prices on Maui have dropped by about 30 to 40 cents over the past several weeks - down to about $4.35/gallon! yay! (that's the lowest we've been in a long long time!)


I stuck with my standard Seafoam core kit and mixed in a fun List of Favorite Books card that I had Dean fill out (from the Wellington Childhood Mini Kit). I also used LOTS of fun Emily Merritt products this week. I used one of her Transparency overlays on the far left 3x4 photo and love the way that looks! Her Speak No. 1 hand-drawn words made a few appearances ("The Adventure Begins" and "very favorite" on the hiking photos). And I also mixed in various cards and printables from Water Play, Shine, Beautiful You, and True Statement Cards No. 2.


And that's it for Week 42!

I will be sharing a link to this post on The Mom Creative blog.

No comments: